Monday, April 8, 2013

Hi! It's Amberly here.
As a lot of you already know, I LOVE to draw, and living in Vietnam, I'm practically surrounded by new and strange things just BEGGING to be put down on paper! But, what with all the excitement and distractions of this totally new environment, I'm often more focused on either A: swimming in the AWESOME pool on the roof B: playing Xbox/watching TV or C: doing school-work. However, if I was going to be serious about being an artist, than I'd have to do better than the occasional doodle! Enter Chris Ayers. Some of you readers may have heard of him, but if not, then let me tell you. He is also an artist, but unlike me, he is a whole lot better at it!On April 1st 2005, he was diagnosed with leukaemia, and on the one year anniversary of his diagnosis, he started a sketch book called The Daily Zoo, where he drew an animal a day for 365 days, and published it. ( I would definitely recommend reading it! It's awesome!) Inspired by this idea, I have started my own daily zoo, and am currently up to day #9. Any ideas?
did this one with fine tip pen and white out for highlights

great horn bill.

negative space white tiger

No comments:

Post a Comment